Amazing how quickly the days go by when you’re not looking, isn’t it? I don’t even know what I’ve been doing these days, exactly. So well, it’s time for a quick recap of the month of June, now that it’s almost month end.
Also, man, June has been extremely hot – so hot that I bet the electricity and water bills are going to be really terrifying, given how often I’m turning on the air con nowadays.
Some note-worthy good news that pinged my radar recently:
– The Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup for the 3rd time :D First in 2010, then 2013, and once again, the Cup returns. I didn’t really find the time to follow the playoffs closely, but it is really fantastic to see my Twitter feed updating with news about the various games, since I follow the Hawks and Penguins. Sure, it’s not the same as watching them play, but it’s still cool to see the scores and the gifs.
– #LOVEWINS To be honest, I was pretty much amazed by the news that gay marriage has been finally legalized in all US states, not because I don’t want it to happen because, yeah, it’s fucking awesome that people get to marry whoever they choose. Also, I can’t wait to see what kind of stupid backlash those crazy conservatives/religious groups come up with, because it will be fucking hilarious and John Oliver will probably make a great news segment out of it.
– In entertainment news, American Gods (Neil Gaiman’s effing brilliant book) has been greenlit for a tv series, and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out and it should be pretty epic if done well. Not too sure what is this Starz network like though… While everyone is talking about who to cast for Shadow, I’m more interested in the other more quirky god characters, like Mr Wednesday, Anansi, and Low-Key etc.
– Also, FF7 remake? The thing that they have been promising the fans for ages is now a thing? Be still, my heart. Except I’m worried about all the possible ways they can fuck things up. But yes, of course I’m excited, I’m a Cloud fangirl, after all, even while I make fun of his hair, his oversized sword and his angst-ness.
– Picked up with a bunch of games during the recent Steam sale, and I’ve also managed to start playing a few of the games I bought ages ago, like Broken Age and Shadowrun Returns, but time has not been on my side.
Then we go to something more depressing, like WORK. WORK KILLS.
– The most annoying thing about work: I’m not going to be moving to the other department like they promised earlier because the other department has no budget to pay me, and before you think that I get paid a lot, I don’t. It’s pathetic and they somehow can’t scrape the budget together even though their team has decreased from 5 to 3 people so where is that extra money going to? Well, not my problem if the team members are going to be overworked when one of them goes on long maternity leave.
– And also, I managed to fuck up pretty badly at work, and was made to write an incident report. Cue me googling, how to write an incident report, and then having my boss rephrase everything so as to make us look better >.> typical bureaucracy, where people are not supposed to take responsibility for their mistakes.
And now that I’m done whinging about work, here’s a bunch of random shit:
– Finished watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso… and I’m not impressed >.> Idk why people have recommended it to me, saying that it’s great and so sad, because it’s not. I wanted to smack all the main characters for being dumb and shit. The only characters that I liked: Watari, the main character’s best guy friend, and Kashiwagi, the secondary girl character’s best friend. Mainly because they were not fully developed and thus didn’t annoy the shit out of me like how the main character, Kousei, does.
So yes, The Flash has been out for ages, but I just recently took the time to watch the pilot episode, and idk, maybe I’ll continue with the series, even though there are too many things waiting to be watched/played/listened to/read etc. The main reason why I’m actually watching is: Grant Gustin. Sorry, I just recently developed a new OTP: Kurt/Sebastian, and well, Gustin played Sebastian in Glee… yes, please feel free to mock me, I’m mocking myself already, you might as well join the crowd.
I’m not usually a fan of singing competitions, like America/Britain’s Got Talent or The X Factor, but yeah, I have a soft spot for The Voice Kids because damn, some of those kids have really awesome voices for their age, and those crappy pop singers should just move over and give these kids the stage.
He’s also a 6’5″ tall world champion fencer, speaks six languages, does all of his own stunts, has participated in more on-screen sword fights than any actor in history, served for five years defending democracy from global fascism as a British Commando blowing the shit out of Nazi asses in World War II, and became the oldest person to ever record lead vocals on a heavy metal track when, at the age of 88, he wrote, performed on, and released a progressive symphonic power metal EP about the life of Charlemagne (because why the fuck not?). (source)
– Dinner with the clique: We’re planning a Europe trip, tentatively set for next year, and hopefully things don’t fall through because I haven’t had the chance to travel with my friends before.
– Two new perfumes have been added to my collection, both from Maison Martin Margiela: Jazz Club and Lazy Sunday Morning. Both perfumes are completely opposites, considering that Jazz Club is smoky sweet whereas Lazy Sunday Morning is all about clean linen and warm skin.
Okay, that’s pretty much it, off the top of my mind. Maybe I’ll remember more stuff, but for now, I just kind of want to go watch something brainless and then fall into bed and dream away.